PLAZCAST SMR - Cast Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) Metal Reinforced Panels
Plazcast SMR (patent granted) is an excellent solution complying with the European regulations of acoustic elements along bridges. Metallic stainless-steel rods and wires fully embedded in a cast PMMA matrix, retain the dangerous falling of debris. Also, the visible rods&wire pattern prevents birds from colliding against the panel. Stainless steel will not corrode, keeping the debris retention and bird collision prevention active for decades.
Sheets are produced according to ISO 7823-1:2003 standard.
Complies with EN 14388: 2005 – Road traffic noise reducing devise. CE
- PMMA reinforced sheet with 2 mm diameter stainless steel rods and wires, at a distance of 30 mm between them (32 ± 0.5 mm center to center)
- Complying with European regulations
- Effective bird collision prevention
- Highest transparency > 92% light transmission
- Low haze < 1%
- Lighter than glass.
- Beautiful bright and hard surface
- Excellent color stability
- Proved weather resistance. Life-long UV-resistant.
- 10-year limited warranty
- Panels can be machined
- Cold curving capability
- No carcinogenic or hazardous substances
- Non-toxic fumes emitted in fire, fires can be easily extinguished with water
- No dripping while burning
- REACH and RoHS declarations.